The app gets kids moving with fun and immersive educational games covering English and science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) topics
updated: February 8, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 3, 2022 (Newswire.com) –
The World Health Organization recommends 60 minutes of exercise a day, but 76% of American children do not meet this goal. To help families, schools and after-school time programs solve this problem in today’s tech-driven world, health and fitness company GOFA INTERNATIONAL has launched Luca & Friends, a revolutionary new app that uses AI (artificial intelligence) technology to get kids moving through fun and immersive educational games.
Luca & Friends is the first app in the United States to combine learning and fitness via state-of-the-art AI motion technology. Designed for ages 4-8, the app provides an interactive learning experience where players play games by moving around to select the correct answers. Using basic moves and following simple instructions, players can stretch or jump in order to ‘touch’ or ‘catch’ the correct answers, helping them develop strength, endurance, coordination and flexibility while by practicing English and science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills.
“At a time when kids are spending more and more time in front of their screens, we’ve created a way to make that time more educational and active,” said Wayne Chung, CEO and Co-Founder of GOFA INTERNATIONAL, creators of Luca & Friends . “This app includes English basics such as nouns and grammar, as well as STEM content such as insect, vegetable and fruit knowledge and skip counting, and provides children with fun, exciting and Engaging designed to help instill healthy habits. Using AI technology, these games encourage movement and learning, giving kids the perfect platform to improve their knowledge and increase their daily exercise.”
The story of Luca & Friends centers on a “galaxy far, far away” where Prince Luca and his alien friends Pumkey, Digby and Mighty Coke embark on a mission to save Earth from hate, fighting and injury. . The characters then appear in the app to connect children to exciting worlds of learning and movement.
Key features of Luca & Friends will include:
- Social interaction – All games are socially interactive with a leader board and other social elements.
- Educational content – Luca & Friends offers over 100 lessons and activities covering English and STEM subjects. All content has been created by accredited teachers and trainers and is tied to program standards.
- Awards – Luca & Friends offers loyalty and rewards programs to motivate children to stay active.
- Parent Dashboard (coming end of February 2022) – Parent area progress dashboard shows parents their child’s play history and allows them to track their child’s growth status.
- Play mode – The application collects a short video of the player so that he can see himself moving during the game.
- A “silent mode” (coming at the end of February 2022) – Players can return to touch screen play in situations where there is no ability to move.
- Multiple display options – Although the app is recommended for use on iPad and tablet, players can also connect their device to a large format smart TV via AirPlay or Chromecast and play in front of a bigger screen.
About Luca and Friends
Luca & Friends’ mission is to connect elementary school-aged children to education, fitness, and healthier habits through the use of AI technology. Its vision is to transform everyday lifestyles through its mantra “Move, Learn. Play”. Powered by AI technology from its parent company GOFA INTERNATIONAL, Luca & Friends is the first mobile device app in the United States to combine learning and fitness through cutting-edge AI motion technology. It offers an immersive and interactive learning experience that gets kids moving while building their English and STEM skills. For more information, visit https://www.lucafriends.com/. Follow Luca and his friends on instagram.
# # #
Brittany Thomas-Garcia Jessica Axt
Luca and his friends KEH Communications
Source: GOFA INTERNATIONAL